Friday 14 October 2016

Blood Rage - To Buy Or Not To Buy?

A bit of a quieter than normal week - but NHL has just started :)
Let's Go Rangers!



Here's What I've Been Playing This Week:

Splendor: Yes still loving this gateway engine builder. We've had nearly a dozen plays already this month and I wouldn't be surprised if it comes out again next week. Just a solid game and great with any number of players from 2-4 - give it a go if you haven't tried it yet!

Lanterns: When I first saw Lanterns I was intrigued until I read a little about the game.  Maybe it was the theme that put me off, but something just seemed a bit dull and boring. Months later after continually hearing how great of a family game Lanterns was I decided to give it a go and added it to the library.  Well, I need to play it more but my first play I didn't see what any of the fuss was. I was placing my tiles as cleverly as I could, collecting favor tokens, trading in my laterns in for victory and basically felt like I was just going through the motions. I found nothing about the game exciting.  I've heard a fair few comments about how beautiful looking its supposed to be, but aside from the box I found the rest of the game to be fairly ordinary.  Eventually I'll give this a couple more tries but my first thoughts have me rather unimpressed and wishing I had tried it before buying.

Board Games Purchased This Week:

After last weeks splurge I've got a few games now in my pile of shame waiting to be played. I can never knock back a good sale but didn't come across any. There's a few expansions in the pipeline and I've been that close to purchasing Blood Rage a few times now but haven't pulled the trigger yet. It looks amazing, seems to play really quick and could be a lot of fun!  Or it could be as ordinary as some of the reviews say it is, im on the fence for this but leaning and might just fall off shortly!